Thursday, October 6, 2011

Personal Bio!

Hey All!

My name is Megan and I am currently enrolled in the full time Willamette MAT program. Life is busy, but great and I can't wait until graduation in May!

I grew up in Silverton, Oregon when it was still a "small town". I went to kindergarten with the same kids I graduated high school with and am still in touch with many of my high school friends. I loved growing up in a small town that was still close to Salem and Portland.
I grew up with one younger brother, who is 7 years younger than me, so I felt like an only child for much of my life.

After high school I went to Oregon State University, knowing that eventually I wanted to go into teaching. As I continued my degree in Early Childhood Devleopment and Education, I did an intership with DHS Child Welfare to gain some experience in the social services field. After graduation, I ended up getting a job with DHS in Marion County.
The 5 years that I spent working at DHS was a real eye opener and changed many things about me. It really helped me grow as a person and realize that I really did want to teach. Finally, the time was right, and here I am!

I am very excited to be back in school, and in the elementary classroom. I am ready to have my own classroom and get started on my new career!

1 comment:

  1. You were indeed fortunate to grow up in a small town ... and one which my wife and I visit regularly "just to get away from Salem, go for walks, and check out the little places to eat."
    Your rich experience at DHS, plus the skills you acquire here at WU-GSE should make you highly employable.

    ReplyDelete